Registration opens on Saturday, October 15, 2022, at 12 midnight EDT.
No. Not this year. Register by the deadline, and you're in!
How do I enter?
A Registration thread will be opened on October 15, 2022, at 12 midnight Eastern Time (EDT). Simply post your name, forum name, platform, and Twitter handle (if you have one) in that thread once it opens.
Is there a deadline to enter?
Registration will close at 11:59 PM EST on January 31, 2023.When can I start?
You can start any time after posting in the registration thread.
Is there any restriction or rules regarding theme?
No. You can design in any theme that you would like.
Is there a target difficulty?
No. Design what you like!
Can I submit a Real Course Recreation (RCR)?
No. Show us how you would build a course!Can I create a fictional course on a plot built using LiDAR?
No. LiDAR is only available to designers on PC and is not available to designers on consoles.
Can I share my progress with the TGCT community before the publishing window opens?
Yes! We encourage it! We want this to be a social event, and we want quality courses. That means the designers will have free reign to reach out to anyone for advice and help learning the tools.
Are designers allowed to publish test courses (Betas)?
Yes! Get some advice from the amazing community here at TGCTours. It's all about you growing as a designer.Are designers allowed to share course files?
No, sorry, this is a step too far. This option isn't available on consoles, and we want the course to be all your work.
When is the submission deadline?
Tuesday, February 28, 2023, 11:59 PM EST. Courses must be published in PGA TOUR 2K23 on or before February 28, 2023.
What is the event format?
- Group Round 1 - Courses will be divided into four groups. The top 4 courses from each group will advance to Round 2.How are courses grouped in each round?Round 1
- Group Round 2 - 16 Courses divided into four groups (4 courses per group). The top 2 courses from each group will advance to Round 3 (Semi-Finals).
- Finals - 8 Courses ranked
- Courses will be randomly assigned to one of four groups using Wheel of Names.Round 2
- Courses that advance from Groups 1 and 2 will be randomly assigned to either Group 1 or 2. Courses that advance from Groups 3 and 4 will be randomly assigned to either Group 3 or 4. This is done to ensure that courses will be judged by different judges.Finals
- Courses that reach the Finals will be judged as a single group of 8 courses.How are courses scored in each round?
Judges will evaluate the courses within each group and will give their rankings in order. Scoring is based on the number of courses in a group:
Exact Point Structure TBD
The scores are not compared across different groups.
What are the main points of focus?
1. Neatness and Technical Execution
2. Strategy and Playability
PGA TOUR 2K23 allows players to choose the course settings before their round. How will that affect the judging?
Judging will be based on the default settings. Designers know their courses the best.
What do I get if I win?
Bragging rights, for sure.
I am not a contestant. Can I participate somehow?
Yes! We need willing judges! If you are interested in helping to pick a winner, let me know! We need the insights of players and designers alike to help pick the best course.